Sweet potato - ( medium size) 3
Potatoes - (big ) 3
Oil for deep frying
Thin roasted vermicelli CRUSHED ( for coating the balls)
FOR OUTER LAYER
Potatoes -peel skin and pressure cook.
Mash and keep aside .
Green chilly - 2 , finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Bread crumbs 1 tbsp (opt)
- In a bowl and the mashed potato , green chilli , salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Add bread crumbs if required , this will make the potato mixer stiff.
FOR SWEET POTATO STUFFING
sweet potato - 3 peel skin and steam it.( u can cook along with potato)
1 tbsp -oil
Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Finely chopped corriander - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Take the steamed sweet potato and cut to small pieces .
- In a wok add 2 tbsp oil and fry the sweet potatoes till light brown .
- Remove and keep aside.
- In a bowl add the fried sweet potatoes, chilly powder , salt , hing , tumeric , garam masala ,grated coconut, and corriander .
- Mix well using ur hands and make small balls .( let the stuffing be spicy)
- TAke a ball of potato and flatten it .
- Keep the sweet potato stuffing in the middle and carefully wrap the potato from all sides and make a ball.
- Then roll the ball in the vermicelli .
- Repeat this with the remaining also.
- Heat oil in a pan , medium flame .
- Then carefully drop the balls (can add 3 at a time) and roast till golden brown.
- Serve hot .